Startup Hustle is hosted by Matt DeCoursey & Matt Watson. Both are successful entrepreneurs from Kansas City.
Startups are hard and often unpredictable. Having someone to help you find your way is a great thing. We have been in your shoes before and we are still there! As entrepreneurs who have been through the ups and downs, we understand the hustle that it takes to start and run a business.
Meet the Hosts
About Matt Watson
Matt was born an entrepreneur working with his parents in flea markets at a very young age. He started his first software business, VinSolutions, at the age of 22. He successfully sold that business in 2011 for $147 million dollars.
Today, Matt is the Founder & CEO of Stackify. A developer/hacker for over 15 years, Matt loves solving hard problems with code. While working as the CTO of VinSolutions he realized how much of his time was wasted trying to put out production fires without the right tools. He founded Stackify in 2012 to create an easy to use set of tools for developers.
Matt has written over 100 blog posts about application performance monitoring and is also an expert at SEO & content marketing.
About Matt DeCoursey
Based in a spare bedroom in his home, Matt DeCoursey built companies that generated millions of dollars in revenue and huge amounts of profit. And he started it all with only an American Express card with an $8,000 limit and a determined vision to succeed.
Matt is the Founder and CEO of GigaBook an online appointment scheduling and business tools platform.
Matt is Author of two top-selling books:
Balance Me: A Realist’s Guide to a Successful Life
Life is complicated. Change is tough. But achieving balance and personal goals needn’t be the ever-elusive Holy Grail.
- Created for real people with real lives and responsibilities, Balance Me is here to show you in no-nonsense terms how to:
- Better understand the WHY of your current situation.
- Make small but highly effective changes in your habits, decision-making process, and daily planning.
- Not be afraid to ask for what you want. And then do the work to get it.
- Beat the “Right Time” myth and get yourself out of the way.
- Work with the gifts (and flaws) of your—and others’—personality style.
- Safeguard your related financial, physical, and emotional health.
- Recognize that balance is always a work in progress.
Offering a systematic plan and clear-headed advice, Balance Me inspires a personalized journey to grow successfully in all areas of your life. Whether you’re a busy professional, a stay-at-home mom, or anyone wishing to achieve goals without sacrificing well-being, life balance is a lot closer than you might think.
Million Dollar Bedroom: Scrappy Lessons of Success, and Other Surprises NOT Taught in Business School:
Based in a spare bedroom in his home, Matt DeCoursey built companies that generated millions of dollars in revenue and huge amounts of profit. And he started it all with only an American Express card with an $8,000 limit and a determined vision to succeed. Using the inspiring narrative of his startup journey—from its profitable highs to its scrambling lows and all the hard-won education in between, Million Dollar Bedroom delivers a refreshingly unidealistic window into the pros and pitfalls of starting your own business. Packed with Million Dollar Lessons, topics include:
- The most common reasons new businesses fail.
- How to think like a search engine and get your business noticed.
- Understanding your critical path to revenue.
- How to start making money when you have no money.
- Creating a truly professional business plan and what to expect for those seeking investment.
- Insightful advice and stories from other hugely successful individuals.
With real-life education culled as much from failure as success, Million Dollar Bedroom brings unique authority to help avoid expensive mistakes and unnecessary heartache as you transform yourself from a dreamer to a true entrepreneur.